7-in-1 Homeleader or Instant Pot Duo review
7-in-1 Homeleader vs Instant Pot Duo. Which one is the superb kitchen appliance? Let’s find out which one would you prefer.
There are a lot of multi cookers out on the market today and I thought it would be interesting to review 2 multi cookers that are slightly alike, the 7-in-1 Homeleader and Instant Pot Duo.
I wanted to find out what makes the other stand out? The Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 seems to be a very popular and is best-selling, however, I found there is also the Homeleader 7-in-1 cooker that seems slightly similar.
Homeleader 7-in 1
The Homeleader 7-in 1 cooker is a combination of 7 appliances in 1.
It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, stockpot, oven and warmer. You’re able to cook meals without having to use so many pots and pans.
This cooker comes with 12 Smart Programs: Crispy Rice, Soup, Vegetable, Beef, Meat, Bean/Tendon, Rice, Steam, Cake, Pressure Cooler, Chicken Stew, and DIY.
With just a press of a button, you’re able to make any dish that you desire. This is very easy to clean and dishwasher safe. It has a safety feature where the cooker won’t open if it is locked and also if there is pressure inside. This also protects us from steam time pre-setting and the time selection functions make it super convenient for cooking.
What is also great about this cooker is that you’re able to cook up to 70% faster and by pressure cooking, you can save energy. This appliance is eco-friendly and user-friendly.
Pros and cons of Homeleader 7-in 1
- It works so well. Multi-function
- If I forget to take the meat or chicken out of the freezer it’s no problem for this appliance.
- It’s very easy to use and is programmable
- Instructions aren’t clear or detailed
- Lacks a simple recipe book & is a bit complicated to use
- The instructions were so limited
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 cooker
The Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 cooker is also a combination of 7 appliances in 1.
This cooker comes with 14 smart programs: Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Saute/Simmer, Rice, Multigrain, porridge, steam, slow cook, keep warm, Yogurt, Manual, and Pressure Cook. This product is built with 3rd generation technology.
The microprocessor monitors the pressure, temperature, time and adjusts the heating intensity. This cooker comes with stainless steel steam rack with handles, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, condensation collector and a recipe booklet.
This appliance is built with the latest 3rd generation technology, the microprocessor monitors pressure, temperature, it keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration to achieve your desired results every time you use it.
Pros and cons of Instant Pot Duo:
- Saves space by replacing all other steam cookers like pressure cooker crockpot, steamer, and rice cooker.
- Put them all away in storage and can be as a backup, or if don’t need them anymore you can sell or give them away.
- Some companies have engineers and tell them to design good features like cutting corners to protect their bottom line.
- Since Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 cooker is designed and created by engineers, it shows a real hard rock solid look and feels, thick stainless steel liner with an aluminum base for even heat distribution evenly.
- Easy to remove the liner to wash and clean with multiple fail-safes to make pressure-cooking fail proof.
- It has a Timer for all the features, even pressure cooker.
- Great accessories – extra steel liners, silicone rings, cookbooks, crock pot lid are all available.
- The Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 cooker has a massive follower that is almost half a million that are willing to help you out.
- Steep learning curve, only because it does so much. Once you get the hang of it, it’s very easy to use. But getting there takes some experimentation.
- Prepare to keep notes on settings and cooking times for certain things, so you remember for next time.
- Silicone rings are hard to get smells out of, so it’s best to buy extras
- keep one for spicy foods, one for sweets, etc.
- Even though it’s a North American company, this appliance is made in China. Some may not see this as a negative, but others will.
Some differences between the two:
- -12 smart programs
- -Easy to clean
- -5 qt stainless steel pot
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1
- -14 smart programs
- -Pressure ring doesn’t come off when you clean it making it messy
- -6 qt stainless steel pot
How to Choose Between the Two Products?
When deciding on how to choose between 7-in-1 Homeleader vs Instant Pot Duo, it can be quite hard considering both cookers are a little similar. Both combine 7 kitchen appliances in 1, and both are easy to use, and also both look similar in appearance.
I would say it would depend on what you would want to get out of the product. One big difference would be that the Instant Pot Duo provides 14 smart programs over the Homeleader 7-in-1 provides only 12. You’re getting a little more from the Instant Pot Duo.
So if you’re all about wanting more, I’d go with the Instant Pot Duo. However, if you’d prefer something more easy to clean – then I’d go with the Homeleader 7-in-1 as it’s found on the Instant Pot Duo that the pressure ring won’t come off when you clean it which makes it a little messy.
Therefore I’d ask myself if I’d want something with more smart programs or something easier to clean.
The important take away from this review would be to recognize that both products are similar with some slight differences based off what was mentioned above.
Personally, I’d go with the Instant Pot Duo because it offers 14 smart programs, and for someone that has a busy schedule, this is a great product to have to offer more variety in dishes cooked at home. With many things that you can cook, this can be a tool for eating healthy as well. Just be creative!